Subject: Re: Color X Server for NetBSD 2.0.2
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/29/2005 13:49:20
William Duke wrote:
> I think what Bruce is saying, is that Xmac68k_color will work with the 1.6.2
> X binaries but not with the 2.0 binaries.   He's not saying that
> Xmac68k_color is included in the 1.6.2 release of NetBSD, he's just saying
> that you will have to install the 1.6.2 X binaries if you want to use
> Xmac68k_color.  You will have to get Xmac68k_color separately.

Ah, I understand now.

I am having trouble getting either the standard B&W or color X server to
work on my Q840 (1.6.2).  I read the directions for applying the color X
patches, but don't understand them (maybe things have changed since they
were written?) so I'm using the 1.4 binary as-is.  When I can get back
to the machine I'll post the exact error messages.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org