Subject: Re: Is it just me or...
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: iMac <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/27/2005 13:47:12
on 10/25/05 7:25 AM, Bruce O'Neel at edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You might be sucessful with the softfloat build.  I've just sent a note
> about 2.1 RC6.
>
> I've not been testing them recently, but, until recently they have
> been working fine on my LC040.  I'm not sure they work on 030 systems
> though nothing is done to exclude them :-)
>
> cheers
>
> bruce

I am pleased to report that 2.1_RC6-SoftFloat has tamed the savage beast.
In other words, I finished installing the soffloat build of 2.1_RC6 on my
LCIII this morning and the subsequent boots have been successful.

I haven't done to much too configure or run anything under 2.1_RC6-softfloat
on my LCIII.  I'll keep you updated if I experience any anomalies as I
continue to configure this machine.

It's running the twm window manager in X right now. :)

Regards,