Subject: Re: Is it just me or...
To: iMac <wduke@cogeco.ca>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/2005 16:07:34
> Have you checked out 68882 prices at places like Digi-Key?   Outrageous!

Yup. I'd probably just go for a pull from something else.

> I want to get some first-hand accounts of running NetBSD on the 605.  I have
> a 605 case with an LC3 logic board in it and I'm thinking that it might not
> prove too difficult to source an actual 605 board for it.   So, how does BSD
> perform on your 605?

Well, first, I run 1.6.2 on my 605 -- I haven't seen the need to upgrade
to -current, so keep that in mind.

My 605 has a real 040 in it, not the LC040 ($25 on eBay), and 36MB total of
RAM with an Asante LC Enet card. In this configuration, it works very well.
I use it as a proxy, in which function it serves quite wonderfully.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com
-- There is always one more imbecile than you counted on. ---------------------