Subject: Re: Command peculiarity
To: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/2005 14:10:14
Dave,

I have solved the problem by installing NetBSD 2.1_RC6 on my Quadra 700, and
it works like they were meant for each other.   I spent a solid part of
yesterday afternoon configuring little things to my particular tastes.
.rshrc, .login, and .logout, for example.

I think a lot of the fun in using a UNIX based/like operating system is that
you really can make it the way you want it.   The fact that BSD is open
source just helps conquer the "final frontier" of user/administrator
customization.

The learning curve is fun too.

Thanks,

William

ps. While performing a little customization yesterday, I realized that I
don't have, or can't find, a good reference source for NetBSD variables.  Do
you know if one exists and/or where it might be found?