Subject: Re: Re: Is it just me or...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/2005 08:50:51
> also because after
> some "hardware death" that I am affected from those are the only two
> reasonable powerful 68k macs that I have currently available, however I

Riccardo, was it you who needed a Q840 power supply?  I have one from a machine the mobo died on...but the PS is still good.

> think that the sparse coding efforts in mac68k (if someone still codes
> at all) would be better spent in getting 2.1 into shape again before
> "stretching" to new platforms.

Yes, it's a sad fact that m68k is dying.  I'd rather see support solidified for what we have at this point than trying to support a couple oddball machines.  What exactly is the issue with 2.x?  Has anyone nailed it down?  I've seen reports of "general flakiness" but sporadically - other people say it works fine.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea