Subject: Is it just me or...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: iMac <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/2005 02:07:45
Is it just me or is the LCIII a really bad choice for running NetBSD?

I have NetBSD 2.1_RC6 installed on my LCIII and everything seems to work
except for X windows.   What really has me concerned is the bootup messages
though.   When I boot the LCIII into BSD, I get all sorts of weird messages.
Here's a few paraphrased examples:

IWM not supported

No core.dump (invalid dumplo)

AWK malloc() internal failure

and a few others that escape me at the moment.   I'll post the exact
messages later today, after I get some sleep.

My LCIII does not have an FPU, could this be causing the problems?   Is X
windows dependent on an FPU?

What about my Quadra 950, what are the odds of me getting NetBSD running on
that machine?   I've read about the problems with the IOP's, and I wouldn't
be too troubled with running from a terminal.   Are there any other problems
with running NetBSD on a Q950 that could make installing on that machine a
pain?

Thank you,

William