Subject: Re: Just curious
To: iMac <wduke@cogeco.ca>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/2005 11:32:00
On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 12:09:09PM -0400, iMac wrote:
> I'm just curious as to what types of tasks you folks are using your BSD
> running 68k Macs for.   So, what are you doing with your 68k Macs?
>
> I'd really like to hear from people that are not doing mundane things like
> running them as a router or firewall.

I guess this is still fairly mundane, but I use mine to run my
scanner. I have an old HP ScanJet IIcx with a SCSI interface, and my
Centris 660av conveniently also has a SCSI interface. I run SANE's
network daemon, saned, on the Mac and connect to it with xsane from
another machine (with better graphics capabilities).

And I also track NetBSD-current on the Mac to make sure it still runs
:)
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 29 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++