Subject: Re: NetBSD data partition
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: RAParker <RAParker@Quadzilla.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/14/2005 11:12:09
On Oct 14, 2005, at 8:13 AM, Chuck Findlay wrote:

> Hi, im wondering again, how to make a netbsd data partition that i can
> mount as /home
> This time, ive got a 4gig drive scsi id 0, and the netbsd root
> partition is scsi id 4.
> Can someone PLEASE help me? :)

Here's a quick synopsis. Use "man (command)" to help you with the
details of each of these commands. You should be comfortable enough
with NetBSD to know, "There's more to this than what I'm telling you."

1) disklabel and fdisk (to setup your partition)
2) mkdir /mnt/newhome (new empty directory for a mount point)
3) mount sd0 as /mnt/newhome (mount your newly formated partition to
work on it)
4) cp /home to /mnt/newhome (copy the contents, don't move or remove it)
5) mv /home to /savedhome (to rename it, just in case)
6) mkdir /home (new empty directory for a mount point)
7) vi /etc/fstab to mount /dev/sd0x at mount point /home
8) reboot and check your new home directory
9) if anything goes wrong, you can always undo what you've done by
restoring /savedhome back to /home)

Ron

--
RAParker