Subject: Re: Beowulf
To: David Rogers <davidrogers23@earthlink.net>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/2005 11:48:38
Hi,

Don't forget the power consumption (and the cost for the power) as well
as getting rid of the heat (if that's a problem where you are right now).

For fun a IIci cluster is cool.  For real work it's not so cool
since the power gets expensive.

You don't have to have the same cpu/memory for each node if you
don't want.  What you will need to do is have each node look like
any other node in the sense that the program foo is in the path
and it runs.  If one node is a ppc and another is a 68k and a
third is a sparc you just need the program to run the same.

cheers

bruce
as

--