Subject: Re: Trouble installing on Q700
To: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/09/2005 22:44:19
At 20:29 Uhr -0400 8.10.2005, William Duke wrote:
>Also, I have been unable to find any information on how to configure X
>server on my Quadra.

The non-XFree86 X servers like Xmac68k and Xsun are dead simple: There _is_
nothing to configure. We do not have driver support for changing colour
depth, palette information or resolution on the onboard and nubus graphics
adapters, so we rely on them being set up properly in MacOS.

You can choose between a 1 bit X server which is in the distribution and an
8 bit greyscale X server that has been floating around on ftp servers for
many years without ever being integrated into the distribution. (Don't ask
me why.)

Take your choice, adjust the depth in the booter accordingly, have X.

	hauke