Subject: Re: serious problems with netbsd-3
To: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/19/2005 12:25:10
Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Getting 68k parts in italy is very difficult. Most people just throw
> them away for being useless... pr ask insanely high prices.

Too true.  I acquired some by putting out ads where I worked at a large
hospital.  People do throw them out, but that works to your advantage as
long as they know you're a collector.  The trick is getting the word out
to a large enough group.  I've had to throw out a few myself, because I
couldn't find anyone to give them to either.

> FOr anybody... I have a Mac IIsi with NuBUS card and FPU.. but a
> ridiculous amount of ram (5mb?) and a small disk. However I can give it
> to anyone who picks it up or pays for the shipping.

Would it be a useful machine to you if you could get a larger disk and
more RAM?  I gave away a couple Quadras (to a fellow LUGer - hooray,
someone rescued an old Mac!) recently with compatible RAM.  If the guy's
not actively using them, I could ask if I could pull 16MB for you.  It
would still have 16MB, and he'd probably be happy with that.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org