Subject: netbsd2-netbsd3 problems on IIci
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/21/2005 23:13:28
Hey,

I decided not to give up... on my IIci. I already told the story of
installing netbsd-3-0 snapshot and how unreliable just the untarring
was. The resulting OS was unusable with about everything segfaulting,
including fsck!

I thus decided to grab the netbsd-2-0 snaphsot, latest one 15 June, IIRC
and just untar the .tgz on my broken installation. I kept the 3-series
kernel though. The computer works much, much better! the tarballs
untarred! I can now launch X! login with telnet and overall I didn't get
many problems. CVS doesn't work reliably though. I can't checkout a CVS
repository using ssh from savannah.org.

I untarred pkgsrc.tar.gz (from current). I noticed something went wrong.
I tried updating from CVS  but it aborts... by untarring the package
again I am notified of checksum problems...

Somehow netbsd is having serious problem in the 68k platform! I don't
know if there will be a 2.0.3 or a 2.1 release, but action is needed and
the upcoming 3 is even worse.

-R