Subject: Re: further info on the MacIIci failures
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/11/2005 14:46:42
Hey,

On Monday, May 9, 2005, at 08:00 PM, Hauke Fath wrote:

> At 10:01 Uhr +0200 9.5.2005, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>> macvid0 at nubus0 slot c: Macintosh Display Card
>> macvid0: 640 x 480, monochrome
>> macfb0 at macvid0
>> wsdisplay0 at macfb0 (kbdmux ignored)
>
> Do you get that also when you boot to video? It should be enough for the
> console.

well, part oth the screen blanks when NuBus video is probed, so I see
only part of the dmesg.
I see:
wsdisplay0 at macfb0 (kbdmux ignored)

so I guess the above is there too.

I set then the card to Millions of colors.

it still recognizes the macvid as "monochrome" and the output is mangled
(pixels have blue/red shadows and the background is black).

I made pictures with a digital camera if you or someone else wants a
look.

Among all the cards I tried, one works! a spectrum III / 8 when set in
8bit color. I'm sure netbsd 1.6 wasn't so pricky and also all cards show
a beginning of a console before they hang this way, so something must
have broken in 2-series kernel.

I wasn't still able to install though, as I'll write in another email.

> And, no mention of the builtin video (intvid0) in the boot log?

no, but I would expect it, attaching no monitor to it should disable it
totally?

-R