Subject: Re: I'm going with netBSd over OpenBSD now
To: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/2005 09:44:59
Hi,

This reminded me that I've been sucessful with sysinst and NetBSD 2.0
on a 12 meg 520c or so with no swap.  So, if you can get up to 12 meg
you should be fine.

You can partition your disk using sysinst now.  You will have to have
a small MacOS partition to boot from and run the NetBSD booter.  I live
with a 5 meg one and I use the Apple 7.5 Network Access disk (search
the archives for the pointer to the apple download) which is a basic
system 7.5 on one 1.4meg floppy as my boot partition.  I just copy the whole
floppy to my hfs partition.

cheers

bruce

--