Subject: Re: serial port device names
To: David Schmenk <dschmenk@sbcglobal.net>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/2005 16:53:05
Not sure about the device names - I never was able to get the serial ports
working for anything but the console... Maybe I'll have to try again.

> On a related note, I've had my SE/30 running for two weeks doing non-stop
> package compiles without a hiccup.  Kernel memory usage is around 75M on a
> 128MB SE/30 though.  I suppose that is mostly disk cache/buffers?

No, that should not count towards kernel memory usage. This is the problem
I've been seeing - the kernel takes it, but doesn't give it back. Usage is
way higher than it's supposed to be. Also, because your machine is slower,
it probably took a lot longer to get to that state.

John