Subject: serial port device names
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: David Schmenk <dschmenk@sbcglobal.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/2005 16:45:23
Sorry for what should be an obvious question, but can anyone tell me
the device names for the serial ports?  Specifically the one with the
printer icon on it (the default for LocalTalk I think).  I see zsc0 and
zsc1 print out during boot (along with ztty0 and ztty1) but have no
device nodes corresponding to either.   This is with the 2.0 kernel.
I'm trying to connect a Duo 230 to an SE/30 using PPP since finding an
EtherDock for the Duo is next to impossible.

On a related note, I've had my SE/30 running for two weeks doing
non-stop package compiles without a hiccup.  Kernel memory usage is
around 75M on a 128MB SE/30 though.  I suppose that is mostly disk
cache/buffers?

Dave...