Subject: Re: Problems booting NetBSD
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/30/2005 23:54:09
On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 17:58 +0000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> I guess you are using Booter 2.0.0, as the older one would not even
> accept the ELF kernel.  Nigel Pearson occasionally posts beta's of
> the next version, but I don't have a URL handy. (You could search
> the archives of this mailing list.)  That would worth a shot.

I've downloaded 2.0.1a6 from Nigel's home page, but it didn't help
either.  (Though it has a nice feature, "Disable AppleTalk before
booting", that may have solved some problems I had in MacOS 8.)

Anyway, I have just done a full 7.5.3 installation and still no luck.
NetBSD completely refuses to boot.  Tried booting first with all
extensions on, then some disabled, then all disabled...  I'm out of
ideas :-(

May it be that the kernel is somehow broken during the copy through
AppleTalk?  (I doubt so because I just tried a copy from a floppy
disk, using hcopy, with the same results.)

(And I'd rather keep a 7.x system than 8.x because it's much faster
and lighter.)

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>