Subject: Problems booting NetBSD
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/30/2005 17:02:26
Hi all,

I outlined this problem in a previous mail, but probably got hidden
because it wasn't about what was being discussed in the thread.

I have installed System 7.5 on my Performa 630, using the Network
Access Disk (not the full system).  It only has the Chooser and the
Network control panel.

So far I've copied the booter and the install kernel.  But it won't
boot.  The booter loads the kernel and then, the screen is blanked.
But the kernel does not show anything at all.

Any idea what can be causing this?  I suspect that I'm missing some
essential control panel or some extension, but I have no idea which
one may it be.  (I remember similar problems in some situation when
I had a complete System 8.0, but dunno how/when they happened.)

Thanks!

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/