Subject: Re: Setting up AppleTalk
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/28/2005 23:06:42
On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 19:45 +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> At 18:02 Uhr +0100 28.1.2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> >So far, I've created a 20mb partition, copied the system onto it
>
> Is that System 7.5?

Yes.

> >and installed the NIC drivers.
>
> What do you use? OpenTransport? Might help to get and install OpenTransport
> 1.3.

Whatever is in the boot floppy ("classic networking", may be)?
Anyway, I shouldn't need OpenTransport.  It's for TCP/IP, right?

> Have you selected 'Ethernet' in the OT Appletalk control panel?

Yes.

> The whole thing about AppleTalk is that it configures itself - unless you
> start to mess with routing.

Ooh, ok.  I just removed my configurations and started again leaving
most things as defaults.  Defined the share correctly, and it works
now :-)  Thanks!

(Now I wonder why the install kernel does not boot at all; when the
booter clears the screen, it doesn't show anything, even booting without
the extensions loaded...)

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>