Subject: Install problem in 2.0
To: Mac 68k NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Benson <markbenson@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/24/2005 00:43:28
I have an issue with the Sysinstall in 2.0. I have a 9.1GB Seagate
Cheetah drive (that works fine in Mac OS) plumbed onto the SCSI in an
LC475. It's split into 5 partitions, Mac OS, swap, /, /usr and /home.

Mac OS = 300MB
swap = 300MB
/ = 2GB
/usr = 4GB
/home = 2GB

(in that order)

The problem I have is that I set the drive up and everything, formatted
the partitions as NetBSD (swap for the swap, Root for /, USR for /usr
and /home), and got all the partitions set up in the installer. However
when i come to get the distro I can't get it to download. I can access
it by NFS or FTP and neither works. It connects OK (although I had to
swap to an Asante NIC first) and logs into the server, but when
downloading it repeatdly tells me there is 'no free space left on
device'. I set the download folder to '/usr/INSTALL' (the defualt) and
so it has rather more space than it'll likely ever need to go at. I
have tries using my own directory at '/install-base' also but that also
does the same thing. Doesn't seem to want to play ball.

Should I re-partition the disk from scratch? Also are there any size
limits on 68k NetBSD, or the computer's SCSI controller, that would
cause this?

--
Mark Benson

AIM - SilValleyPirate
MSN - mark.benson@hot-toast.com
Visit FlatPackMacs online: <http://fpm.68kmac.com>

"Never send a human to do a machine's job."
				-The Matrix