Subject: Re: PowerBook 540c and NetBSD/mac68k
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Dipert <ad@neologic.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/2005 00:00:50
Howdy,
I gave the 1.6.2 softfloat install kernel from the FTP site you linked
to a shot, and it worked well until it tried to format the disk.  I was
able to configure the network through sysinst as well as partition.
However, when it tried to newfs it gave a "no space available" and
segfaulted.

It seems the old System 7 install is nuked; I don't know much about Macs
but it would seem there is no bootable sector on the disk.  The computer
shows a floppy disk with a blinking question mark at boot.

What's the best way to revive this system?  Is it possible to boot the
machine from floppy, and do a NetBSD FTP install that way?  Thanks in
advance for help.

Alan Dipert