Subject: Bulk faxing
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/2005 11:50:31
Has anyone used a fax tool such as eFax in mac68k?

I'm trying to come up with a usable automatic bulk faxing solution. I
have to send confirmation faxes to people every morning that signed up
for a meeting the day before. So I'm looking for something that is
stable, and can send a fax to who I want, and in a bulk like manner (I
don't mind having to write a script to parse the list of numbers and
issue a command line for each fax, as long as the fax software can deal
with a queue of them... if I have to wait for the previous fax to finish
before I can issue the next, then it does me no good).

I'm looking at eFax at the moment, but I have no experience with it yet.
So I don't know how easy it is to setup, or if it will really do what I
want. I also don't know what fax modems it can work with (Alas, I assume
the pile of Global Village Bronze modems will be no good since those need
special software on the Mac to work... but I do have some more standard
US Robotics and Supra modems kicking around).

Also, any chance eFax works with multiple modems? So I can get a pool
going and pick up the faxing pace (it isn't unusual for me to have to
send 100+ in a sitting).

Anyone have any tips, or hints, or experience with this kind of thing,
I'd love to hear from you. (Now I'm off to build another mac68k box so I
can start playing with it)

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>