Subject: Re: Q840 benchmarks
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/2005 13:48:29
On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 02:37:42PM -0500, Michael R. Zucca wrote:
> I don't have a binary handy. I submitted the patch to the email list (so
> it should be in the archives) and in a Problem Request so that it gets
> applied to the mainline kernel. I asked about it making it in recently

I think part of the slowdown is that it's not actually a patch... it's
a full copy of the modified files. However, some of those files have
since changed, so copying your versions over would cause those changes
to be lost. In any case, it's not a big deal to do the merge (cvs or
diff3 should do it), but it's more work than simply running "patch" :)

The PR is at http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=24883
And a tar.gz of the code is at
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/2003/06/08/0000.html

If someone wants to turn that into a patch that applies to -current,
it'd be greatly appreciated :)
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 29 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++