Subject: Re: SE/30 as a ADSL router/gateway/firewall opinions
To: Nuno Teixeira <nu@nunotex.freeshell.org>
From: Joshua Coombs <jcoombs@gwi.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/2004 10:33:39
> Hi Joshua,
>
> I remember to search for scsi ethernet for my SE/30 but I didn't found
> anything. I will search again. Do you know any?
>
> I'm looking for a simple ADSL ethernet modem too. Something like a
> Alcatel SpeedTouch Home do the job. If you know anything better that
> this one, please let me know.
>
> Yours,
>
> Nuno Teixeira

I don't remember which are supported and which aren't.  I know asante's show
up on ebay every now and then.

As far as a dsl cpe, few different chioces.  I've had good luck with Lucent
Cellpipes, CEL-22A-GX's with a bunch of different dslam models.  Just about
all globespan chipset modems (Like the cellpipe) will give solid performance
for g.lite, g.dmt and ansi.dmt lines.

Joshua Coombs