Subject: RE: 2.0 crashes while building kernel
To: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/15/2004 21:15:30
At 0:23 Uhr +0100 15.12.2004, Christian Groessler wrote:
>> From: Hauke Fath [mailto:hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE]
>>
>> At 23:43 Uhr +0100 13.12.2004, Christian Groessler wrote:
>> >Hmm, this emul_netbsd_aoutm68k_object doesn't seem to be correct.
>>
>> BTST - see PR 26896...
>
>BTST?

"Been there, seen that" in analogy to BTDT. wtf(6) doesn't have it,
unfortunately.

>The PR looks similar to my experience.
>
>But I don't use union mounts, so this cannot be the problem.

The title was changed by Chuck Silvers against my advise. I never felt that
this  crash was unionfs related, since it did not happen through other
compiles; and generally, filesystem lockups display a different pattern.

Nevertheless, the fact that the crash happens in other setups is important
information.

>I didn't manage to boot a kernel compiled with "-g", I get some error
>from the booter. Maybe not too surprising, since the netbsd.gdb file
>is 17MB, and the machine only has 24MB.

Use the 'netbsd' kernel file for booting, and load the 'netbsd.gdb'
together with the crash dump into gdb(1). If that works at all, that is.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email