Subject: Re: Booting a Quadra 650 without interaction
To: Ed Schouten <ed@il.fontys.nl>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/2004 12:01:24
Hey,

> In the FAQ, I read that you could boot NetBSD from a small Mac OS
> install or
> from a bootable floppy, with Booter. Does any of you guys know if it is
> possible to do an automated bootup on these things?

I have done the following

- put the netbsd booter in the "start up" items on the macOS side
- set the booter to auto-boot when launched and with a timeout of some
seconds (this can be useful to interrupt the procedure if you want to
change something in the future)

verify that everything works after each step.

If you want it headless:

- put a paper-clip between pin 4 & 11 in the video connector when the
machine is run headless, so it detects a fake montor (check: this is not
needed on all macs, just on some)

- sit back and enjoy the power of 68k
--R