Subject: Re: 2.0 sysinst trouble
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
From: Terence Tan <terence@calroth.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/09/2004 08:30:34
--------------enig38C8AD24ED0025B79803904A

Rémi Zara wrote:
> are these known problems ? I remember installing -current some months
> ago with no problem on the same system....

I've done the same thing over the last few days, and come up with the
same problems (newfs not being run; hard drive not being mounted on
targetroot).

Are you still installing? If so, take note that sysinst also does not
create /etc/fstab (at least it didn't for me). Which means, you won't be
able to boot all the way! You'll want to create it after installing but
before rebooting.

For quick reference, my fstab, modify as necessary for your machine:

/dev/sd0a / ffs rw 1 1
/dev/sd0b none swap sw 0 0

  -Terence Tan

--- Get Firefox! http://www.calroth.net/firefox ---