Subject: Re: Optimized kernel for PB520 - findings
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/29/2004 18:56:47
Here are my findings:

When compiling the kernel I need to have FPU_EMULATE enabled even when
using -msoft-float. Otherwise I get a kernel panic at boot. FPSP is not
required, though.

DDB seems to be required. disabling it causes a panic at boot.

The network would not work correctly with the following comment OUT

# NuBus support
nubus0 at mainbus?

The kernel would boot, and the network would *appear* to come up. But
networking would not really work.

-m68040 worked fine -O3 worked fine.

Commenting out the following caused the build to fail:

# On-board serial interface
zsc0    at obio?
zstty*  at zsc? channel ?

I am cross-building under 1.6.2 (plus some updates) x86. I am compiling
for a PB520c.

--
Joe Laffey                |        Visual Effects for Film and Video
LAFFEY Computer Imaging   |        ---------------------------------