Subject: Re: Optimized kernel for PB520
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/29/2004 11:26:25
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> 8mb isn't enough RAM to practically run the compiler. You can cross-build
> from almost any platform, don't you know?

I looked into doing this a while back and decided against it for some
reason. Now I review the process and it looks simple. I think the issue
must have been a lack of drive space on the old machine last I looked at
it.

So I starting doing this cross compile, but I get the bug listed in this
(actually, yours, Frederick) PR
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/1999/07/02/0002.html

Did you ever come up with a solution for this? I wonder if it is only
triggered with certain kernel opts. Also, these sources are a few days old
(the anoncvs seems overloaded ATM).

Any thoughts? I may see if I can compile a GENERIC-SBC and go from there.

--
Joe Laffey                |        Visual Effects for Film and Video
LAFFEY Computer Imaging   |        ---------------------------------