Subject: Re: Optimized kernel for PB520
To: Frederick Bruckman <>
From: Joe Laffey <>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/29/2004 11:26:25
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> 8mb isn't enough RAM to practically run the compiler. You can cross-build
> from almost any platform, don't you know?

I looked into doing this a while back and decided against it for some
reason. Now I review the process and it looks simple. I think the issue
must have been a lack of drive space on the old machine last I looked at

So I starting doing this cross compile, but I get the bug listed in this
(actually, yours, Frederick) PR

Did you ever come up with a solution for this? I wonder if it is only
triggered with certain kernel opts. Also, these sources are a few days old
(the anoncvs seems overloaded ATM).

Any thoughts? I may see if I can compile a GENERIC-SBC and go from there.

Joe Laffey                |        Visual Effects for Film and Video
LAFFEY Computer Imaging   |        ---------------------------------
St. Louis, MO             |        Show Reel at
Mail here will be rejected --> "Real Trap" <>