Subject: Re: Optimized kernel for PB520
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/29/2004 09:11:32
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Joe Laffey wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. So I should be able to comment out FPSP if I use FPU_EMULATE,
>> regardless of how other binaries on the system are built then , right?
>
> That's what I said. ;-)

Just wanted to be sure. This will take days to build ;-(

> So you don't need FPU_EMULATE, either.

Excellent.

Are there any issues with disabling DDB in the kernel? I know I tried this
once a long time ago (1.5.x) and the kernel would not boot. This was on
mac68k (q700). Is disabling it a safe option now?

Also, I should have no neef for KERNFS or PROCFS, right?

Thanks,

--
Joe Laffey                |        Visual Effects for Film and Video
LAFFEY Computer Imaging   |        ---------------------------------