Subject: Re: LC III
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: mneptok <mneptok@mneptok.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/2004 16:26:08
Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>

>>I have a Mac LC III and my power went out when i was on it one day
>>and when i restarted it it had a error message saying please insert
>>startup disk. I don't have one and i was wondering if i can download
>>it online and put it on a disk, or something like that to get my
>>computer going again.
>

> You can download the 'System 7.5 Network Boot Disk' somewhere on apple.com - that's more or less a minimal MacOS 7.5 with a handful of network drivers, should be enough to see what went wrong.

It's here. Apologies by proxy from Apple for the horrendously long URL.

http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/Macintosh/System/Older_System/For_System_7.5.2_and_7.5.3/System_7.5.3_Revision_2/Sys_7.5.3_Rev_2-Net_Install.sea.bin

./k

kurt von finck
--
http://www.mneptok.com