Subject: Re: Latest softfloat build?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/24/2004 22:44:20
Sorry to reply to my own messge.

I have found softflaot here:
ftp://ftp.ziaspace.com/pub/NetBSD/m68k/NetBSD-2.0_RC5-mac-softfloat.

However, I am having some weird issues when installing. It boots up OK.

Then some weird issues occur. Whenever it tries to ping, either from the
installer testing the network, or from /bin/sh I see no output, and when I
control-C I see a message saying zero packet transmitted (or received).
That is zero TRANSMITTED. Strange...

Then I have problems when FTPing. I had trouble even connecting to one of
my own LAN machines for some reason (though it worked fine from any other
lan machine, and the network setting were correct, including the netmask).

I was able to connect directly to both ftp.apple.com and to the ftp server
above. I started to try to manually download the sets from that server.
But every just locked up. I could not control C out of the ftp transfer
(it got maybe 20% through).

Any clues? I see these weird lockups seemingly related to networking.

I am botting with the 2.0 booter from a small macos partition on the
insternal drive. I also booted from a network drive to no avail.

Thanks,

--
Joe Laffey                |        Visual Effects for Film and Video
LAFFEY Computer Imaging   |        ---------------------------------