Subject: Re: 520c 68040 upgrade
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: J. Benedict <raoul@olympus.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/2004 18:35:12
>ANyone know if the 68LC040 in the 520c is socketed and replaceable
>with a 68040 from a Q700? I need to find the correct torx
>screwdriver to open up this powerbook. I didn't want to waste the
>effort if it is soldered in or SMT.

It is on a daughterboard.  It is SMT.

I think it is a #6 Torx driver to open the case.  If for nothing
else, opening a 520 case would be interesting just for the technical
challenge. It is quite the puzzle getting all the parts out and then
back together again.  Done it many times with mine for various
upgrades and whatnot. The current model iBooks are much easier to
work with.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey E. Benedict                     raoul@olympus.net
A Unix signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent of