Subject: Re: Softfloat and -current
To: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/2004 04:02:58
> Also, while we are on the subject, where in the source tree might we
> be when one gets the line out about

> root on xxx

% cd /usr/src/sys/kern
% egrep 'root on' *.c

Looks to me as though this comes from setroot() in kern_subr.c, which
is called from main(), in init_main.c.  Near the end of main() is code
which tells start_init() to actually exec init; it's in start_init()
that init is actually started.

> and then one gets the date.

> Is this init starting?

I feel sure the date is coming from userland - either init or rc,
probably the latter (I do note a "date" command early in rc).

> Any help will be great since I don't know where to look.

grep is your friend.  Even if you have to resort to a sledgehammer like

% find /usr/src -type f -print0 | xargs -0 egrep 'some durn thing' /dev/null

it _can_ do it.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign