Subject: Re: 2.0 RC4 softfloat build
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/2004 17:07:29
Well, the install kernel brought me back to same point I've been to
before with this Performa 630.

I booted the install kernel, specified FTP as the media, partitioned
the drive, tried to get the distribution, and it ran out of space.

So I exited sysinst, mounted the partitions by hand, ran sysinst again,
and there was no /usr/bin/ftp when I tried to get the files.

So I exited again,

     umount /usr
     mount /dev/sd0e /newusr
     cp -pvRP /usr/* /newusr

and some of /usr got copied, but then it hung and SCSI started a
timeout loop. Can't break it from the keyboard. This is where I got
stuck before, so the SCSI driver changes haven't changed anything.

I've got another hard disk I might try, but I'm out of time today and
have no time for several weeks. So, once again I'm unable to contribute
anything but a nearly meaningless data point. Sorry.