Subject: Re: OT: Mac monitor on a PC?
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Jeff Benedict <raoul@olympus.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/2004 06:56:00

> My question is... can I connect this monitor to a PC?  As it has a standard
> connector in it, I guess the answer is "yes", but I'm afraid it can be damaged.
> (I've another PC laying around that I'd like to power up, but not enough space
> for yet another monitor, so it could be great if I'd share this one).
>
> I've Googled a bit, and all I've found are converters between both kinds of
> connectors, but no real answer to this (stupid) question.

Julio, this not a stupid question.  The very nature of mac68k is that unused
pieces of hardware are taken out of closets and used.  That includes
monitors.

I'm hoping to get a clue about this, also, because I have a Mono hi-res
monitor I'd like to utilize with a PC.  Those are really dany monitors, all
told, and I'd like to avoid purchasing another one just to connect it to a
PC.

Jeff