Subject: Re: KDE or GNOME on a Quadra @ 25MHZ?
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/26/2004 22:26:47
Hello,

> I got blackbox working (and didn't have any problem in building it, IIRC),
> but any time I moved a window off screen (through the bottom border), it
> segfaulted (or maybe it just quit, can't remember).
I used to run amiwm on my HP9000/345 ( a 50MHz 68030/68882 with 16MB RAM ) - pretty lightweight and very nice to the colormap - it uses only 4 cells :)
But bloat got really out of control - I remember running gtk (1.0 or so) and even small QT (1.4 if I remember correctly)  applications on that box - not with stellar performance but definitely usable...

have fun
Michael