Subject: Re: losing Control Panel settings?
To: '' <>
From: Schwerzmann, Stephan <>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/2004 12:40:23
>Subject: Re: losing Control Panel settings?
>To: None <>
>From: Joel Rees <>
>List: port-mac68k
>Date: 07/15/2004 22:53:55
>On 2004.7.15, at 11:20 AM, John Klos wrote:
>> Hi,
>>> I've got a IIci on which I'm running NetBSD/mac68k.
>>> However, every time I power it off, when it comes back up, 32-bit
>>> addressing is disabled in the control panels and the booter refuses to
>>> boot in consequence.
>68K era Macs were designed...
[great true content]
>> I generally buy two AA batteries and a two AA battery holder and
>> solder the leads to the mb battery holder. AA are much cheaper, easier
>> to find, and last a long time. If you want to get fancy, you can even
>> get lithium AA.
>Three AAAs on my p630, but I haven't had the ambition to do it for the
>3.6V on the p550 yet.

  take GREAT care of the details:

    * MOST of the macs use a 1/2 AA sized Li-battery
	picture see
	=> possible DIY replacement by two Alkaline cells (2x1.5V) - 1
Li-cell has around 3.6V

    * FEW other macs, namely some Performas & like (68k as
	well as PPC, e.g. PM5[234]00, PM6[234]00 series)
	use a PC-style, square-plastic-block-with-leads-and-0.1"-connector
	3-cell alkaline battery pack
	pictures see
	=> possible DIY replacement by three Alkaline cells (3x1.5V)

good luck