Subject: Re: What would you consider to be the "best" system for NetBSD/mac68k?
To: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/03/2004 21:53:57
Hello,

>> well, it's a PDS card, totally unsupported by NetBSD... no idea if
>> A/UX disables accelleration, it's certainly bearable :)
>> It's a shame that miro denies any knowledge of the card, it must have
>> been horribly expensive when it was new ( it has s-video, something
>> that looks like a DSP and a lot of memory )
>> Under MacOS in 24bit it feels still faster than the onboard video in
>> 8bit.
>
> So it's not this card?
>
> http://www.cls.ne.jp/fujino/NuBUS/MiroMicroPrisma1152.htm

No, not at all. The image shows a NuBus card, the card I was referring
to is a 040 PDS card - so it only works in Quadra class machines and
sits in the socket for the PowerPC card. The label says miro RAINBOW
GX, but the only card that sounds vaguely similar - the miro Rainbow -
seems to be a simple NuBus framebuffer. I was totally unable to find
anything about the GX so far. I don't even know how much memory it has,
must be at least 4MB because it does 1152x900 in 24 bit.

have fun
Michael