Subject: NetBSD 2.0 for non FPU macs
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/31/2004 14:34:33
Hi,

The assorted news sites yesterday talked about how the NetBSD
2.0 release process has started.   That reminded me that I hadn't
recently build current for fpe macs so I went off and downloaded
the current sources from 27 Mar and tried to build them with my
patches.

Well, it failed close to the end, so, before I debugged that I
tried building wihout my patches.  No go, it fails earlier
trying to build a 68881 specific file.

So, this brings up some questions.

- I got my tar.gz files from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current.
Is this the best place?  I notice a NetBSD-release-2-0/tar_files/src but
that is empty.

- I've heard mumbles about the releng site so if I poke at
http://releng.netbsd.org I do see that Mac68k hasn't been building.
That seems to be current and not 2.0, right?

- Surely there is a better mailing list, but, I don't see it on
the list of mailing lists.

- Are they any documents that I should have already read?

Thanks again in advance!

cheers

bruce