Subject: Patch for Color X
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/2004 13:23:46
Hi all,

Here are patches to integrate the working parts of Ken Nakata's
"One Size Fits All" color X server into the standard build:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/fredb/mac68k-color-X.diff

My contribution is mainly to rip out the non-working ioctl()'s.
I've added the boiler plate copyright assignment to TNF to the
only new file, crediting Ken Nakata and myself with authorship.

This is going to work just as well in mono-mode as the old server,
since that code path doesn't change. What's more, the color code
path is the same as the color X servers that have been reported
working, on this list, for some time. So, even though I still think
it would be nice to have the new XFree 4 architecture, with plugins,
this should be fine for NetBSD 2.0. (Comments?)

There still needs to be an update to the man page warning against
trying pseudo-color modes, and the native, non-crossover build is
highly speculative at this point. I'm going to do one more update
to today's sources, then I'll start a native build by tonight, and
tweak as necessary. For now, though, consider this for current only.

Frederick