Subject: Reverse Video
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joshua Coombs <jcoombs@gwi.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/18/2004 21:55:54
I've got a kernel built for an SE/30 at
http://www.x386.net/netbsd.gz if anyone wants to try.  My box is at
work, so while I know it'll boot, I can't see what it's spitting
onto the CRT. :)

I finally ended up reversing the 6x10.h font file, and building the
kernel afterwords.  This provides reversed text, whithout
interfering with X's color setup.  (IE for X white is still white.)
The kernel is also setup with the wscons monoattr setting so kernel
text will show up reversed (in this case, black text on a white
field.)  I have no idea how dt will look, it may look like normal,
it may reverse to black on white...  Your guess is as good as mine!
: )

Also, now that I know how fonts are setup for wscons,
http://rockbox.haxx.se/fonts/ has some nice fonts we can use if we
want on our macs.  Might be nice to have choices.  If this font
trick works I'd like to see it intergrated as a kernel conf tunable.

Joshua Coombs