Subject: Re: Boot error: This kernel is not in a format which the booter can execute.
To: Michael Lesniak <mlesniak@vt.edu>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/2004 10:48:51
Hi,

Since it is 1.6.1 you need to make sure you are using booter 2.0 or later.

Booter 1.x was for a.out kernels
booter 2.x was for elf kernels

NetBSD before 1.6 for Mac68k is a.out, 1.6 and later is elf.

Booter 1.x for earlier than 1.6.
Booter 2.0 for later than 1.6.

Once that happens it should boot.  I have a SE/30 (though with only 8 meg
and a 40mg disk) that does end up booting.

cheers

bruce

--
edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org