Subject: Re: Sysinst 1.6.2 DOES work on PB 150 ;-)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Gerardo Alvarez <gerardoalvarez@telefonica.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/2004 18:51:19
Well, I think we have a winner here!!
Thanks to Bruce, Kazu and all the others.

Now I have to figure out how to:
1.- Enable the Dayna PORT SCSI/Link-T to work under BSD. (ifconfig -a=20
??)
	dmesg shows:
	scsibus0 target 3 lun 0: <Dayna, SCSI/Link, 1.3> SCSI1 =
3/processor=20
fixed not configured
	probe(sbc0:0:3:1): illegal request
	I am checking http://www.pp.iij4u.or.jp/~happyday/daynaport.html =
for=20
"inspiration".

2.- See about X:
	startx tries to start with:
	Screen 0 at 0x4128000, 640 x 480, rowB 80, fbase 0xbf6000
	But dies shortly with:
	X connection to 0:0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

3.- OT: Try to solve the battery short life span.
	I have found a couple of web pages about making a new one with =
much=20
bigger capacity, but all are in japanese...

4.- Configure a spanish keyboard layout.
	wsconsctl -w encoding=3Des complains that: wsconsctl:=20
WSKBDIO_SETENCODING: Invalid argument

I haven=B4t had time yet, so I will come back later about these =
subjects.

Other than that, in Kazu=B4s config file I see MSDOSFS is commented out.
I find it very useful for IDE machines: since MacOS Installer won=B4t=20
work with them, I create a 100 Mb DOS partition which I can mount the=20
Mac side, to use the network and copy the .tgz files into (directly on=20=

the root level).
After booting with the sysinst kernel, I mount_msdos that same=20
partition for sysinst to retrieve the files from it.
Works well, besides some apparent trouble with short vs long names.
This is a nice workaround for the lack of hfs support, if no CD-ROM is=20=

available.
#file-system 	MSDOSFS		# MS-DOS file system

Gerardo

El 09/03/2004, a las 15:59, Bruce ONeel escribi=F3: