Subject: Re: Mac IIci install problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Charles The Hawk <charlesthehawk@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/09/2004 22:46:51
--- Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> CTH> The main reason i wanted to use SysInst was to
> CTH> install via NFS.
>
> Why don't you use a CD-ROM drive for that?  Any
>                                         Juliusz

There was only one CD-ROM drive and my son was using
it for the Debian install.  I've robbed it from him
and it is installing as i write this.  Looks like it
is going to run all day. :)

2 more questions:
1. The docs say to use a certain kernel and if you
have trouble with it, use the SBC one.  What's the
disadvantage of using the SBC one to begin with?

2. Not really a port question, but should be an easy
one to answer.  I simply burned the CD with all the
files i had downloaded.  However, the Mac doesn't
seem to know what to do with the .bin files, so i
had to use hfsutils as before and write those to a
floppy.  I notice that hfsutils removes the .bin
extension.  Does it convert the files in any way?
I suppose i could try copying them and removing the
.bin and see what happens, but it looks like it will
be several hours before i can try that.

Thanks again to all,
Charles