Subject: 1.6.2 softfloat build
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/2004 15:26:04
Hi,

Thanks to John Klos of sixgirls.org for the CPU and disk space,
there is now a softfloat build of 1.6.2 for LC040s and 030s.
You can find more information at
http://edoneel.chaosnet.org/Downloads.html.  Testing, as per
usual, is minimial.  Basically it runs on my powerbook 540.
That said, it ran 20 hrs last night building X so it was
pretty heavily banged upon.

But wait, there's more!

Thanks to  Kazuyuki Inanaga
for writing, debugging, and then testing, there are now
some smaller 030 config files and kernels/install kernels
there as well.  These are a bit fluid as he gets a chance
to test (030 machines are slow) and we work out what make
sense to include and remove.  These kernels will help
those of you with 030s with small memory.

Thanks!

cheers

bruce