Subject: cross-compiling 1.6.2 kernels
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: J. MacPhail <jrm@kw.igs.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/2004 03:32:50
I am trying to set up for cross-building the 1.6.2 mac68k kernel on my
Linux Mac G3 (PowerPC).  The cross-tool building goes very smoothly
until it gets to Texinfo, which fails to link.

In my /NetBSD/unpack-here/ directory, I have unpacked the files

  gnusrc.tgz
  sharesrc.tgz
  src.tgz
  syssrc.tgz

from ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.2/source/sets/ (preferring
1.6.2 over current to avoid dealing with a moving target).  Then

% cd usr/src

% ./build.sh -m mac68k -T /usr/local/src/netbsd/tools \
  -O /usr/local/src/netbsd/obj -t

<many tools are successfully configured, compiled, and linked>
dependall ===> texinfo
Making all in info
<configuration fine>
<warnings about integer-pointer conversions>
<linking starts>
<undefined: tputs, tgoto, tgetnum, tgetent, tgetstr, tgetflag>
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
<and it grinds to a halt.>

Note that setting "MKINFO=no" in the environment does not avoid the
attempt, and failure, to build Texinfo.

Is this a well-known problem, with a simple fix?

Failing that, what is the cleanest way of skipping Texinfo?

--
John