Subject: Re: Sysinst 1.6.2 doesn't work on PB 150
To: GERARDOALVAREZ@telefonica.net <GERARDOALVAREZ@telefonica.net>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/2004 02:57:11
Hi Gerardo and all,

Bruce and I know you have PowerBook 150 :)
I think he is going to support IDE drive with his new 1.6.2 kernels for
FPU-less '030s including instkernel.
(What networking device are you using for PowerBook 150?)

At 9:58 AM +0100 04.3.6, GERARDOALVAREZ@telefonica.net wrote:
>If all of the possible combinations are needed it would yield 2 x 4 x 2 =
>16 kernels. (for example, AFAIK IDE machines are FPU-less, so just
>10 kernels, unless custom modified machines are taken into account)

Yes. We are talking about supporting all of FPU-less '030s in one kernel.
Covering all devices makes the kernel size a little bit bigger. We know
making a small kernel is also important. That is our dilemma ;)

For example, Asante Fast 10/100 NuBus NIC requires sm* and mii.
Within all FPU-less '030s, only Macintosh IIvi and Performa 600
have NuBus slot. I guess a few people is using Asante Fast on IIvi.

My idea is covering all devices including such as NetDock or Asante Fast,
and reducing the kernel size with commenting-out unnecessary options.
My conf file for a FPU-less '030 Macintosh is:
http://www.pp.iij4u.or.jp/~happyday/030FPESBC.txt

To all: I'd like to know your idea.
To Bruce: Would you mind introducing us your config file?

Thanks in advance,
Kazu Inanaga