Subject: Re: Minor bugs and a few questions
To: Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@pps.jussieu.fr>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/2004 02:15:24
Hi,

At 9:37 PM +0100 04.3.4, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

>Looking through what's left, I don't see much that can go.  FPSP is
>needed on 68040, right?

Thanks for looking :)  That's right, FPSP is not necessary for the '030.
Frederick Bruckman also adviced me it kindly at that time (1 year ago,
and thanks again to Frederick.).

>There's also softdep for FFS, which I'm using
>(will removing it buy me anything?), and the kern and proc filesystems.

Yes, I'm also using softdep, but not sure about the kern and proc
filesystems. Many of my systems doesn't have them now. I don't know
what are those doing. Some has them, but I don't find any differences.
(As you know sysinst doesn't make them.)  Are those useful?

By the way, Bruce ONeel is going to make a nice, small, new kernels
including instkernel for the FPU-less '030s. I'm so exited about testing
them :)

Thanks a lot,
Kazu Inanaga