Subject: Re: Minor bugs and a few questions
To: Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@pps.jussieu.fr>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/2004 19:29:19
Um 13:43 Uhr +01004.3.2004 schrieb Juliusz Chroboczek:
>While I have your ear, do people have any ideas how to make the kernel
>smaller?  It's currently at slightly over 1.2 MB, but there's a mere
>5.5 MB free after booting.

Remove any unused file-system and device drivers; check the dmesg output
against your kernel config file.

And remove the iwm driver, since...

>Any chance to get the floppy to work?  The iwm driver is giving up
>with ``unknown chipset (-77)''.

...I have not seen any documentation for the SWIM II controller in the 2nd
generation 040 machines (Quadras, Centrises etc.pp.). Thus, no driver. The
only 040 machine that the iwm driver supports is the Quadra 700.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email